Tuesday, June 1, 2010

An Interview with Alexander Tsymbalyuk

There are still tickets remaining for Alexander Tsymbalyuk's London recital on June 2. Click HERE for tickets. Even if you can't make the recital, here is an interview with the gifted young barihunk from the Rosenblatt Recital website.

When did you realise you wanted a career in music?
At birth my grandmother predicted that I would become a composer as whenever music played I would sit still and listen. When I turned four my uncle gave me a piano, which I studied for 7 years, then I went on to study drums and began singing at the age of 20.
What one thing that has happened in your life has made the biggest impact on who you are today?
I cannot identify a specific event as there are many things that made me the person I am today but mostly it was people like my family, teachers, the audience, my agency... my motto is that you have to live, love and enjoy. I try to be positive and always be ready to give somebody a smile: what goes around comes around.
Do you have a favourite opera?
I like all opera depending on my mood - today it's Boris Godunov, tomorrow a Verdi opera and next week Rossini. It's impossible to give a definitive answer.
What was the last book you read?
Walter Scott's The Bride of Lammermoor, as this was the last major new production I performed in Hamburg.
What three items would you take to a desert island?
I would take a stack of books, a few people to sing to, and wings - to fly away if I am bored of the Island.
What advice would you give to any aspiring singers?
Hang in there! Focus on the big goal, be patient, optimistic and always be friendly.
How would you like your career to develop in the future?
I would like to continue to study and hope more people are touched by my singing. I would like to expand my repertoire, bring different colours to my voice, but the main thing is that I am happy with what I am doing.
Which of your favourite songs to perform could you not live without?
Очи чёрные, (Ochi chyornye; Black Eyes) Russian folk song.
In which country would you most like to perform?
England (laughs).
The best advice anyone has ever given you?
Hang on in there! Keep going!
Highlight of your career so far?
Winning the “The XIII International Tchaikovsky Competition” Moscow (2007)





____________________________________


Contact us at barihunks@gmail.com
 ____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment